State of the Public Cloud - featuring AWS, GCP and Azure
Med: Andreas Wänqvist, Anurag Kale, Jonah Andersson and Abdelfettah Sghiouar, Tech Lead, Cloud Software Architect, Cloud and DevOps Engineer, Senior Cloud Developer Advocate på Voyado, Polestar, Google
Andreas Wänqvist Voyado, Anurag Kale, AWS Data Hero – Polestar, Abdelfettah Sghiouar, Google, Jonah Andersson, Cloud & DevOps Engineer, Microsoft MVP, Microsoft Certified Trainer
In this two hour long session, the three largest cloud providers – AWS, GCP, and Azure – will present overviews of their respective cloud offerings. The focus of the session will be on providing attendees with a general understanding of the features and capabilities of each platform, as well as the potential benefits of using a cloud provider for their business or organization. The session will cover a range of topics, including compute, storage, containerized workloads, messaging, and database options. Attendees will have the opportunity to learn about the different cloud options available and to determine which one best fits their application needs.
- Andreas Wänqvist, Tech Lead at Voyado. Will MC and guide us through the session.
- Anurag Kale, AWS Data Hero and Cloud Software Architect at Polestar. Building applications on AWS, where do I start? You have decided to build your new project or move your application to AWS. Which service would work best for each of these use cases? It’s a daunting question and requires a ton of expertise with AWS to answer. AWS now has 200+ services. Which is a good fit? In this session, I will present a framework I use to evaluate my options and shortlist services that are suitable for the use cases. We will use criteria like
-  Type of Application – VM based, Container based or Event Driven
-  Operational needs – what will I be responsible for, what will AWS be responsible for
-  Cost – how much will it cost me to operate this?
-  Sustanability Impact – Am I making the most sustainable choice from the available options?
- Join Jonah Andersson, an experienced Developer, Cloud Infrastructure DevOps Engineer, Microsoft MVP, and Microsoft Certified Trainer, as she shares her diverse perspectives on Azure based on her extensive experience and roles in the cloud ecosystem.
- In this session, Jonah will answer common questions developers, DevOps engineers, infrastructure engineers, and IT architects commonly have in terms of preparing and working with Azure effectively. She will provide valuable insights and tips on what each role needs to know and learn to develop and manage cloud solutions on Azure, from preparing for development to deployments, and infrastructure as code, to migrating and modernizing existing applications.
- You will learn about Azure’s core concepts and capabilities as a cloud platform for your modern solutions. Jonah will cover essential power tools and resources you need to know as a developer, DevOps/infrastructure engineer, or IT architect. She will also share best practices and real-world examples of using Azure effectively to build scalable, reliable, and secure cloud applications.
- From a developer, DevOps engineer, and IT architect perspective, you will have a holistic understanding of Azure and its capabilities. You will have practical insights and knowledge to help you confidently prepare, plan, and execute your cloud development projects on Azure.
- Abdelfettah Sghiouar, Senior Cloud Developer Advocate at Google. Developers are rapidly adopting containers as a way to develop and ship software. They are lightweight, easy to share and re-use and reduces the “Worked on computer” debate. But running them at scale is a different challenge. In this talk we will explore how we got to an era where containers are pretty much the standard and how you can leverage managed container platforms to run your apps safely and securely on Google Cloud.
Om: Andreas Wänqvist, Anurag Kale, Jonah Andersson and Abdelfettah Sghiouar
Andreas has been working in different positions within enterprise during the last two decades. A few years ago his focus was on all things mobile, then it shifted towards building web systems. Nowadays the focus is on cloud solutions and planet-scale architecture, as well as helping web developers be more productive.
Andreas is a Tech Lead at Voyado. On his spare time he spends time with his family, lifts heavy things in the gym and is involved in OSS as an Aurelia Core Team member.
Anurag Kale. I am a Cloud Software Architect at Polestar Cars, Sweden and an AWS Data Hero. I have been working in IT industry for 8+ years, of which last 5+ years have been spent tinkering with AWS. I enjoy solving business problems using cloud and technology. While architecting solutions, I have a tendency to put the domain first approach. Naturally I became a big fan of Domain Driven Design approach. I am very active in AWS space and I have spoken at various AWS Events such as AWS Community Day Stockholm 2020, AWS Summit Stockholm 2022 and many more. I also organise AWS User Group Gothenburg. I enjoy sharing what I learn through mentorship, twitter and technical talks at conferences.
Jonah Andersson is a Filipina-Swedish full-stack Senior Software Engineer, Azure Developer, DevOps Engineer, Microsoft MVP for Azure and Microsoft Certified Trainer in Sweden.
She is also the founder and community leader of Azure User Group Sweden. Jonah has educational background in Computer Science, Agile System Development in .NET and Java, which makes her very passionate about tech. She likes solving challenging problems, programming and has great interest in developing IT solutions with new cloud technologies in Azure.
Abdelfettah SghiouarSenior Cloud Developer Advocate @Google. Focused on GKE/Kubernetes, Anthos, Service Mesh and Serverless.